Chicago Zine Fest is looking for a couple of new organizers for the 2014 organizing season! Interested in becoming part of the crew and helping to pull off one of the biggest zine fests in the US? Email us at email@example.com by May 14th for details!
CZF may have just happened, but there’s still so much going on in Chicago and elsewhere, and so many zine-related things to talk about! Curious about post-fest survey responses or other zine-related events? Head on over to our official CZF tumblr to keep up with the discussion!
We will also be holding a post-fest Open Meeting for anyone in the community to come and share their thoughts about CZF 2013 with us while it’s still fresh, and talk about possibilities for next year’s fest. It’s a great opportunity for anyone interested in volunteering or being involved in a larger capacity (even organizing) to come talk with us about it!
The open meeting is on Sunday, April 28th, 2013 from 1-3pm at the newly established Chicago Publishers Resource Center (ChiPRC) at 858 N. Ashland. See you there!
Chicago Zine Fest 2013 is only a few short weeks away, and we’re so excited to announce our Friday night readers and Saturday workshops!!
Friday’s Exhibitor Reading will feature readings from:
Emily Alden Foster
Neely Bat Chestnut
Sarah Frank Reichard
Saturday’s exhibition will feature these workshops. For detailed descriptions and times, go here:
- POC Zine Project presents: Lessons from the first ‘Race Riot!’ tour with Daniela Capistrano, Osa Atoe, Suzy X & more
- Anthologizing Your Zine with Mend My Dress Press & more
- Bookbinding 101 with Rar Rar Press
- Simple Printing for Book Covers and More with Spudnik Press
- Postcard Printing Demo with Columbia’s Center for Book and Paper Arts
- Self Preservation: DIY Archiving for Zinesters with Read/Write Library
- Beyond Zine Fests: Building A Year-Long Local Zine Scene with SPOC and Dan Copulsky
- From Fests to Living Rooms: Organize Your Own Zine Event! with marlee grace and ZOE
- Arts Inclusion with Jamie Walsh
- Hit The Road: Touring Your Zine with Nicole J. Georges and Cassie J. Sneider
- In The Gutter: A Super-Quick Intro To Writing/Drawing Comics with Jenna Brager
- How Your Library Can Help You Make Your Zines with Kelly McElroy and Kalmia Strong
Chicago Zine Fest is now accepting workshop proposals for this year’s fest! These workshops will take place on Saturday, March 9 during tabling hours at the Conaway Center. You can submit your proposal by clicking here and filling out the form. Proposals will be accepted until January 26th, 2013, and workshop leaders will be notified about whether their proposal was accepted at the end of January.
We’re excited to hear your ideas for this year!!
We’re really excited to announce the lineup of events for Chicago Zine Fest 2013!
Friday, March 8, 2013:
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Writing about Health, Disability, and Accessibility in Zines: A Panel with Kerri Radley, Maranda Elizabeth, and Dave Roche at the Conaway Center, Columbia College
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Youth Reading at 826 CHI
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Exhibitor Reading at 826 CHI
9:30 pm – 12:00 am: Zine, Lose, or Draw!: A game show hosted by Neil Brideau at Quimby’s Bookstore
Saturday, March 9, 2013
11:00 am – 6:00 pm: Zine Exhibition featuring over 200 tablers, workshops, and panels at the Conaway Center, Columbia College