We’re so pleased to debut the CZF 2017 poster! The artist is Chicago local (but Venezuelan born) Mike Centeno, a cartoonist whose work ranges from grotesque stand-alone monsters to comics on the subtle social conflicts in our modern age. He draws inspiration from science fiction and comics artists from Kirby to Clowes. His work can be seen on instagram (@mike_centeno) and his website: MikeCenteno.com. He also works the counter at our beloved Quimby’s bookstore, so if you see him around, don’t be shy—say hello!
Got an idea to share at CZF 2017? We’d love to hear it! We’re looking for one-hour workshops, panel discussions, presentations, or hands-on skill shares to take place during CZF 2017 (Saturday May 6th). Please submit your proposal via this form before our deadline of January 1, 2017.
Registration for CZF 2017 is now full! You are welcome to fill out our wait list form, but please be aware that there are now over 90 people on the wait list form. Get started by clicking here!
Registration for Chicago Zine Fest 2017 will return to the FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE method and will open at chicagozinefest.org on Sunday November 13th at 11 am Central.
- Registration will fill up quickly—please mark your calendar now! Note that we do eventually move people from the wait list as well, so if registration fills up don’t despair, just fill out the wait list form as soon as possible.
- Payment will be due immediately upon registration. If you need to pay us through a form other than PayPal please email us once you have submitted the registration form.
- Registration fees are now a sliding scale, from $30 to $50. We aim to keep our costs as low as possible for our exhibitors in order to keep CZF accessible to everyone—if everyone pays $30 we will just barely break even to cover our costs for the exhibit hall. We’re grateful to those who can add pay more towards registration to help us keep CZF running. Anyone who pays $40 or more for registration will receive a poster of the 2017 art and a high-five from us at the fest!
- Full refunds will be available upon cancellation until one month before the fest (Thursday April 6th). We will refund 50% of your registration fee up to two weeks before the fest (cancellations on or before Saturday April 22nd). After that, no further refunds will be available.
- Registration is for a half table, approximately 36 inches wide by 30 inches deep. Due to high demand, full tables will not be available.
- We will not be selling extra chairs for second exhibitors at this year’s fest. We’ve heard your feedback that too many people were trying to squeeze into a small space. There will be banks of 3 connected chairs in the middle of each exhibitor pod, we ask that if you need to sit or store extra materials that you use these chairs. Bringing your own chair(s) is not permitted by our contract with Plumbers Hall. We encourage everyone to register for their own half table and to consider the comfort of themselves and their neighbors by not having more than two people at their half table at one time.
- Lunch may be available for a fee to exhibitors. We will send out details as the fest approaches about options and you can opt in if you would like. We will also have food options, at a cost, such as coffee and food trucks as we have had in years past.
- Please note that while we love crafts and artwork, we ask that exhibitors focus their tables towards zines. At least 75% of your table should be zines or directly related to self-publishing.
Have questions? Please email us!
CZF 2017 will be May 5th-6th!! We’re delighted to announce we’ll be back at Plumbers Union Hall (1340 W Washington Blvd) for CZF Exhibition Day on Saturday May 6th 2017.
Registration will return to the first-come, first-served method and will open Sunday November 13th at 11 am Central time. More details to be announced soon!
We’re still looking for volunteers to help organize CZF 2017. We’ve got a variety of roles, from big to small, so if you’d like to join the dream team to help make Chicago Zine Fest happen: get in touch!